Monday, April 12, 2010

ZINES 1, 2 & 3

So I just posted the first three zines I created for Fiona Smyth's class (2nd year) ... they were made to continue on, and by placing them all side-by-side they connect and the story continues. All three were created with water colours and black pen, and loaded with lots of tiny details (which I love and include often). If you are interested in buying a copy of one of the zines, let me know ... I will get back to you with size and pricing a.s.a.p. :)

Here's the process photos:


(part of initial sketchbook thumbnail sketch)

(starting to apply watercolours)




... this part, the printing process, is entirely due to my extremely generous and selfless boyfriend; he offered to come with me (and make sure nothing happened to me) on a trek through Toronto at 2:00am and through freezing rain (no umbrellas, of course) ... walking an hour to get to the only 24-hour Kinkos that prints large-scale colour images ... then helped me cut all of my printed illustrations (over 30 of them) down to size, and then walking an hour again back to res ...only arriving back at 4:00am ....... thank you <3


i made individual mylar envelopes for my large three zines (which after class my prof bought :) )

No comments:

Post a Comment