Tuesday, April 13, 2010

My hunt for the PERFECT WHITE INK :)


More moleskin pages :)

Okay, so I have been searching for the perfect white ink for the longest time ... now I can finally say I've found one I'm really happy with. Here's a kind of review: *Note: always go for acrylic inks when searching for whites ... although I prefer acrylic inks for almost all colours too! ...

Liquitex: Too watery, too translucent
FW: A bit thicker, but still I found I had to do several coats of it for the white I was looking for
Speedball: PERFECT! Small bottle - not as much ink given as the two brands above, but has a really great opacity to it

Also: if you are looking for a pen-format white ink and do not like using nibs, sharpie makes really great paint pens (THAT COME IN WHITE) ... although I recommend their poster-paint based over their oil-based paint pens ... you can find these in Gwartzman's art store on Spadina Ave

No comments:

Post a Comment